- Locate your site at least 100 feet away from trails
& water sources.
- Select a site with adequate drainage (don't dig
trenches around your tent).
- In general, select a site which has already been
used to eliminate further expansion of camping impact.
- When possible, position your tent so it blends with
- Protect live trees & brush & avoid areas
with delicate plants.
- Return your camp to its natural condition before you
- Dispose of human waste by selecting a screened spot
at least 100 feet away from water sources, campsites, & trails. Dig a small hole 3 to
4 inches deep & fill the hole with soil after use. Burn, bury or pack out toilet
- Wash dishes with hot, soapless water as much as
possible. Dispose of "gray" water at least 100 feet from water sources.
- Pack out all trash, including aluminum foil &
- Dispose of fish entrails by burying.